Monday, May 2, 2011

The Midwest Girl!

Hey! My name is Sarah. I was born and raised in Indianapolis, Indiana. After graduating college with a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Dance Performance I auditioned for dance companies everywhere in the Midwest, but nothing seemed to fit.  After I auditioned at the JohnC Art Ballet, I knew that this was the place I needed to be.  I knew I was going to be challenged and that it wasn’t going to be easy – but I also knew I needed it. John Welch, the artistic director, seemed to know instantly what has been holding me back from being a great dancer.  Instead of believing in what I wanted, I was listening to everyone else around me telling me how I would fail.  The training here is unlike anything I have received, seen or heard of before.  Every day, John demands that we engage on a personal level with our art, so that we become more sensitive to the world around us.  John truly cares for and believes in each and every one of us. I have been with the company for almost three years now, and since then I have learned to finally and honestly dance from the heart.  The JohnC Art Ballet has made a huge impact on my life and I hope to share some of that with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment